Automatic transfer switch (ATS)
Production of systems and devices for automatic transfer switch (ATS) for guaranteed and uninterrupted power supply of industrial, telecommunication, agricultural, data centers and other enterprises. The production of ATS switchboards is carried out according to the Customer’s technical specifications (rated currents, switching speed, operating mode, dispatching requirements, installation site, budget) for Schneider Electric, Eaton, Socomec, Emerson, ABB, ETI components.
Our principles for solving the assigned tasks
- Flexibility and speed in decisions
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental Safety
Automatic Standby Activation Kiev, Ukraine
Modern and reliable power supply and automation solutions
Automatic reserve input: basic concepts and constructs
What is ATS?
ATS is the abbreviated name of the term (device) “automatic reserve input” (electricity, water, etc.) in this case, power supply for a voltage of 0.4 kV, i.e. entering (turning on) a backup source instead of the main (working source) in the event of its shutdown (power failure due to an emergency) or an emergency not related to a power outage.
Types of emergencies
- overvoltage or undervoltage
- missing one or two phases
- falling or increasing frequency, etc.
Therefore, in general, we can say that ATS is needed to supply your facility (or part of it) with electricity of a given quality without interruption or with minimal downtime.
Options for organizing a reserve input
Depending on how critical the disappearance of the power supply of all or part of the consumers is, the power supply scheme of the facility in general and ATS in particular is being built. ATS circuits have a certain classification both in terms of construction and in terms of performance of the power unit and control devices.
- Two inputs (main and backup) to the common bus system – the main one is out of order, consumers are powered by the backup;
- Two working inputs for two sections of busbars with sectioning – this is when each input feeds its consumers and in the event of a power failure on one of the inputs, the second “takes over” its consumers by turning on the sectional device;
- Two working inputs for two sections of busbars with sectioning + input from a diesel generator set – the same as item 2, only in the complete absence of mains power, loads that cannot be disconnected are powered from a generator driven by a diesel engine .
Logic of operation of all circuits of ATS devices
If the parameters of the main input are normalized, then the ATS switches to it, i.e. enters normal operating mode.
Design features of ATS blocks
Structurally, the ATS as an NKU consists of the following main elements: a shell (the board itself), in the case of a stand-alone device, and not integrated into another board (for example, a main switchboard or a power switchboard or a VRP), a power section and a control circuit. p >
Variant power assembly
- On motor-driven circuit breakers (possible both on large circuit breakers and on modular equipment such as Acti9 – Schneider Electric);
- On electromagnetic starters (contactors);
- A monoblock is a motorized rocker switch, often as a whole with a control controller (in this market segment, it is worth noting the products of the American company Emerson and the French company Socomec).
Implementation of ATS control devices
- On programmable relay-controllers (specialized – Datacom, Zelio Logic / Schneider Electric, Eaton, BU AVR-220 or general industrial);
- On time relay and voltage control relay.
Options for backup input / power supply
- another input from the mains supply;
- input from diesel generator;
- input from a UPS (uninterruptible power supply, also known as UPS).
Conditions for using a complete ATS
- consumer’s desire;
- standard on the requirement for the reliability of power supply of an object or equipment – a prescription for mandatory use in accordance with the norms, rules, operating conditions;
- threat of equipment failure and breakdown due to unstable power supply, which leads to losses, losses, technology failures, etc.
The choice of accessories (brand) depends on customer preference, rated currents, switching speed, operating mode, dispatch requirements, installation location (indoor or outdoor), budget, etc.
Ordering an ATS device from “AVR PLUS”
After receipt of an application – a technical assignment, a scheme, a project, an oral assignment and the AVR PLUS specialists clarify the nuances on this topic, we provide a commercial proposal for the supply of equipment, and after formalizing the transaction, we proceed to manufacture. Depending on the solution chosen by the customer (scheme, design, brand), the delivery time for the manufactured and tested ATS equipment is from four working days.
For the production of ATS, we use materials and equipment only from leading world and domestic manufacturers: Schneider Electric, Eaton, Socomec, Emerson, ABB, ETI and others.
And finally: often at the stage of forming a technical assignment or a desire to buy what is needed, a customer has a number of questions, both fundamental (what kind of ATS scheme to choose) and technical (the reliability of one or another equipment in specific conditions, which brand to choose, starters or automatic machines with a motor-drive, etc.). It is important here to communicate with specialists who will help you make the right choice for your task. We will always be glad to listen to you and offer the optimal working solution in matters of uninterrupted power supply.
Certificates and Licenses
Our own high-tech production, cooperation with manufacturers of reliable and modern components, as well as extensive experience in projects of various levels of complexity allows us to implement the ideas of our clients at reasonable prices.
We use only reliable components
We use only reliable components from well-known world manufacturers
Prices for electrical services
Prices for electrical services depend on the scope of the project, conditions and features of the installation of structures at the facility.
The price for electrical services is much lower if you order design, production and installation from our company.
The exact cost of electrical services is announced when calculating the estimate of the task.